Thursday, September 5, 2024

Catch Me Outside, How Bout Dat?


 Hello,

If you live in Denver and ride a bike (which is pretty much all of us), I’m sure you’ve enjoyed the rides on the Ralston Creek Trail.  This trail, 13.9 miles point to point, goes from Denver all the way west towards the mountains where you can catch a lovely sunset ride.  It takes 4.5 hours to complete!

I’ve biked this trail with other mountain bikers and with one road biker.  The trail offered dirt trails for me and paved roads for my boyfriend where we met up for some snacks and drinks at Colorado Tap House!

My only criticism is that the trails could use more signage.  There are several detours now due to construction, so be sure to have your phone charged for the GPS backup!

My favorite part is the water park where you can park your bike and run through a sprinkler water park to cool off.  Also there is a guy by the frisbee golf course selling hotdogs and hamburgers almost daily. 

Below are some of the delicious food truck snacks I’ve tried on my rides!  My fave was a refreshing watermelon tomato salad with pistaccios, cotija cheese and basil!🌿 

I want to leave you with a cover I just heard of my favorite Stones tune.  It pretty much sums me up in one sentence - Don’t Play With Me Because You’re Playing With Fire 🔥 

https://youtu.be/IGEmz29yFEI?si=x1-E7iIv2pLWy7g1

Kimmie




My fave is the wine slushy swirl…

You’re sure to find something to wet your whistle…

This is their bar menu, but they have lots of food truck options outside…

Colorado Tap House, right off the Ralston Creek Trail…




Fish tacos…




Relaxing from the balcony…

Gorgeous view of Arvada water tower and mountains…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Devil's Backbone

 Happy Fall, Y'all! First of all, ROCKY TOP - GO BIG ORANGE!  I would like to congratulate my Tennessee Vols, my Alma Mater!  Earlier th...