Tuesday, September 3, 2024

A DAM Good Time

 Hola!

I finally had an opportunity to hop into the Denver Art Museum just down the street from me!  There was an exhibit I had been dying to see!

petals…

Queen Kimmie…Game of Thrones

I got there at opening and spent an entire 5 hours touring all five floors of the museum.  Each floor has a different theme of art.  And in each room, there is a guide to help you understand the art better or point you in the right direction.    

The museum has a really cool cafe with sammies and salads.  I went vegan (which I’m not, I had steaks 🥩 last night) and tried the curry chick pea salad sammy on an onion bun with an ice cold can of beer.  The menu is really fun.  There is an upscale wine bar restaurant as well!

The gift shop was rated one of the best in Denver.  I really wanted the Aztec art skateboard, but I just bought a long board and have been testing it out on the Ralston Creek Trail!

I would do rock this dress!



Ooh me so corny!!







This was cool immersive art where my face became the art!





This chandelier looked like mushroom pods…Alice in Wonderland vibes…



This was an interesting exhibit!  All the lips were humming and it sounded like Gregorian chanting.  There was also an exhibit where you laid down on these flat couches and watches these lamps open and close like jelly fish to music.  So therapeutic! 


I loved this western jacket as I’m part Native American and recently purchased a similar fringe jacket.


A throne made of flower
Queen Kimmie…Game of Thrones


Thanks again for dropping in!  May your day be full of art!

Kimmie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Devil's Backbone

 Happy Fall, Y'all! First of all, ROCKY TOP - GO BIG ORANGE!  I would like to congratulate my Tennessee Vols, my Alma Mater!  Earlier th...