Monday, September 23, 2024

Devil's Backbone

 Happy Fall, Y'all!

First of all, ROCKY TOP - GO BIG ORANGE!  I would like to congratulate my Tennessee Vols, my Alma Mater!  Earlier this year we won the College World Series in baseball, and we now have a fighting chance at the National Championship in football with a current ranking of #4!  

Please see my rendition of Rocky Top on my very underused YouTube channel with my band "The Half Cats."  I'm thinking about vlogging soon and getting a little more traffic on there.  And I've recently purchased a new guitar (a shiny black one), so there may be some more strumming folkish covers in my future.

I've been enjoying a lot of mountain biking this year (after a hip injury), particularly early morning rides or sunset rides when I can beat the heat.  Recently we took a trip to Loveland, Colorado to enjoy a very unique ride called Devil's Backbone Open Space (Devil's Backbone, not to be confused with that spooky stretch of highway in Texas).  As you can see, I wore my patriotic gear in support of Donald Trump!  As Tim Walz clearly stated, "We cannot afford four more years of this."  Right ON, Tampon Timmy!  That's the most logical thing you've said this campaign season!

Anyways, back to Devil's Backbone.  This is a 4.5 mile out and back mountain biking trail with remarkably unusual landscapes.  The area is extremely popular for hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding.  This open space was named Devil's Backbone, because the geographical oddity looks as if the devil himself is emerging from the earth's crust with a rigid and someone sinister vertebrae.  There is even a HUGE keyhole in the range that makes for an excellent photo opp and overlooks a gorgous residential community (lucky them!).  Just a heads up!  This ride will get into blacks (similar to ski ratings and black is for professionals), so we had to stop and turn around at one point, because I didn't have body pads on that day and didn't want another injury while healing.  No pain, no gain, they say!

After your ride, be sure to stop into Berthoud Brewing Company.  They have some seriously great pie, as seen in the picture below with Colorado green chiles.  Their suds and merch are also super yummy, and they have a spacious patio to relax after a grueling ride!  I grabbed a tank for future rides!

A shout out to my photog on this ride for the memorable shots, great pizza and beer, and even better company!

Kimmie


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Devil's Backbone

 Happy Fall, Y'all! First of all, ROCKY TOP - GO BIG ORANGE!  I would like to congratulate my Tennessee Vols, my Alma Mater!  Earlier th...