Friday, July 26, 2024

The Last Frontier

Our ship hit an actual iceberg in the Pacific Ocean so I kinda feel like Kate Winslet in the “Titanic,” and we were rerouted, but I had a blast visiting Alaska.  Also let’s face the cold hard facts that there was room for Jack on that life preserve.  Some of the things I loved about Alaska:

1) The open wilderness 

2) The freedom

3) The seafood is fresh and excellent…mmmm salmon 

4) The totem poles

5) The trains 

6) Memories that leave me with, “why am I not living in Alaska, because it’s the freshest air in the world and the people are lovely, laid back, and friendly.”  And because they’re so remote, they know how to fix and build things themselves.  Genuine people are not found everywhere, but you are sure to find them in Alaska. 

7) The weather is amazing.  And I dig the fashion and vibes.  Lumberjacks are hot.  

8) It’s the last frontier.

Here are some pics of Seattle, the Princess cruise ship, and several Alaskan ports in May 2024.  Alaska, I’ll be back!  Also, queue Celine Dion: https://youtu.be/F2RnxZnubCM?si=OM-EvIQAOGeYwBpt








































Love, 
Kimmie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Devil's Backbone

 Happy Fall, Y'all! First of all, ROCKY TOP - GO BIG ORANGE!  I would like to congratulate my Tennessee Vols, my Alma Mater!  Earlier th...