Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Dragon Boat Festival 2024

 Sunday I joined some friends for Denver’s Dragon Boat Festival at Sloan’s Lake in Denver, Colorado.  Denver boasts the largest Dragon Boat Festival in the US!  🐉 

Did you know Sloan’s Lake is only 3.5 feet deep?  This is why it’s so polluted.  

Despite the sweltering heat, we had a blast.  

Here are some photos of this year’s festivities:

The dancers taught us the cultural routines!  I worked up a little sweat!

These were some of the dragon boats on Sloan’s Lake 


It took over a year to carve out this dragon boat.  These guys sell for upwards of $100k



Enjoying a light snack.  Some Colorado Palisade peaches 

A little travel pillow we picked up 



Strike a pose there’s nothing to it…VOGUE






With July 2024 almost in the books, cheers to August right around the corner.  I hope your month is filled with blessings and surprising new beginnings!

Kimmie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Devil's Backbone

 Happy Fall, Y'all! First of all, ROCKY TOP - GO BIG ORANGE!  I would like to congratulate my Tennessee Vols, my Alma Mater!  Earlier th...