Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Bronchial Tubes

 If you’ve never been to a game at Mile High Stadium, the air is really thin, so you’ll need some strong bronchial tubes!  Also, you should really pace yourself if you’re boozing at the tailgating parties and festivities.  I saw a lot of people who couldn’t hang!  

This is my second ever Bronco’s game and I’ve already dropped one blog on my first time visiting Mile High Stadium, which you should totally read by clicking on the right hand side of my main page and selecting, “Broncos”.   

So allow me start with - this weekend I was all packed and ready to head out on a road trip super early Saturday morning to the Black Hills of South Dakota for an epic fall weekend playing and hiking in the Hills with a good friend and then visiting a pumpkin patch/maze on Sunday followed by brunch.  I was so bummed when I got the call on Friday afternoon that my friend woke up at 2 am sick and left work early later in the day with potentially the ‘vid which was going around the office.  

When you tailgate the rule is you gotta show out and deck out.  

I had so been looking forward to this trip all week, albeit I was issued a rain check.  But road-trips are just good for the soul, especially after big life changes.  So as I continued wrapping up the work week on my balcony, I noticed a lady bug had flown down on my shoulder and was just sitting there chilling.  It was a peculiar lady bug in that it didn’t have any spots on its wings.  I wouldn’t call myself superstitious but I have heard that the number of spots or markings indicate how many days of luck or weeks of luck or something like that. 

Suddenly, my phone rang!  And a friend here in Colorado presented me with a free ticket with amazing seats that had just opened up for the game on Sunday, along with tailgating fun  with a bunch of down to earth people and beef brisket!   I gladly accepted!  

And later that evening I received a text from another friend for sushi and walking in a gorgeous downtown park with golden trees on Saturday.  If you knew how small my circle was, you’d realize how crazy it was how quickly luck had turned in my favor - almost immediately.  

Was it that little Lady Luck in that little ladybug?  Or was it a change in mindset and a grateful heart?  Do you receive great things in your life after you’ve been grateful for everything you have been given, EVEN the bad stuff?  Yes, even the bad experiences that can be culturally painful are something to be thankful for.  Why?  Well, it just means you were on the wrong path or you need to reset and refocus for the next chapter, journey or road.  Pick your own metaphor.  Be grateful for what each experience teaches you.  

I get that my advice is much easier said than done, because sometimes it becomes addictive to experience sadness or victimhood.  Training yourself to become positive and learning self-talk to remind yourself that your journey is just being redirected takes practice and discipline and it’s a mindset that can help you tremendously in this lifetime!  Our own minds can be a prison otherwise.  Also negative thoughts can actually manifest physically into hardened arteries in the heart.  So when people say his heart is a stone, it can be metaphorical and literal!

1/3 of Americans feel dissatisfied with their lives   That’s over 100 million people!  And no, this isn’t just over a war with the in-laws or who hosting Thanksgiving dinner.  Think of it this way - your mind has roughly 70,000 thoughts in a day.  95% of those thoughts are a rumination or synaptic repeats from yesterday, basically reliving the past and 85% on average are negative thoughts.  Think of what all those negative thoughts are doing to you, physically, mentally, and spiritually.  The medicine is gratefulness.  Start by being grateful to wake up as you, with your sight and your hearing and your breath!  Be thankful for the day ahead and be thankful for what may lay in store.  Is the law of attraction real?  I think it is.  And it starts all in your mind.  Meditate on the paths that ended.  Learn why!  Each roadblock led you where you are today.  How would you from 5 years ago feel?  And how will the you 5 years from now feel?  Will you even remember some of this stuff? 

I got some face stickers when I arrived.  I think these babies accentuate my Cherokee cheekbones, no!? ❤️ 

Here are a few shots of the game.  As bad as the Broncos have been over the past few years, the only two games I’ve attended we’ve won!  So maybe I’m Lady Luck!  Who knows?  It’s still shameful the quarterback is being compensated $300 MILLION  over a 6 year contract and the wins come from the place kicker who is being paid much less.  But there WAS an exciting TD and an interception in the 4th quarter.  

But can I say the real winner of the game was tailgating with good people with good hearts and even better, the slow cooked brisket?  I also learned there is a deep state of Green Bay Packer fans here in the Mile High City!  There were probably more Packer fans than Bronco fans with the over 72,000 in attendance.   Unique for the Packers besides the program being in by far one of the tiniest towns in America, which shouldn’t even have an NFL team, they’re actually owned the people of Green Bay as opposed to billionaires!  They have a huge fan base and are also one of the oldest programs.  Their waiting list for season tickets is something like 30 years, which means you have to wait for people to die.  One last thing, they have this unique irrigation system for their turf and heat lamps to have turf in this longitude and latitude.  If there’s ever been a case for an indoor arena this would be it!

Full Broncos uniform 😉 

The beautiful changing leaves 🍁 around Lot C really captured my heart 



I wish I got more photos of 4 paraglides dropping from a plane on to the field…


My world famous guacamole 

The brisket.  

Tailgating at Mile High is like the infield at the Kentucky Derby!  So many pictures but this one was my fave!

A mantra I think we should all live by…the world would be a much better place if we did.  

These girls are so fun


Saturday afternoon post sushi watching my Vols poolside via YouTube because it was unseasonably warm in the 80s.  If only a game can end in the first half!  Had we won, it would have been the first win on Bama turf since 2003!  If “ifs and buts” were candy and nuts we’d all have a Merry Little Christmas though, wouldn’t we?  As we say in Vol Country,
maybe next year.  At least we still have the best fight song in the nation.  


Thanks for logging in!  Let me know if you take a positive step in mindfulness and maybe releasing a few attachments that were weighing you down.  Just like leaves in the autumn, use this time to shed the unnecessary weight and replace that with gratitude and magnanimous love.  Magnanimous love is even better than conditional love of the world - it’s deeper, it’s empathetic, and it’s authentic, and it’s vulnerable, merciful, and tender.  You owe yourself that. 

Never be the victim, be the survivor. 

Love, 
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Devil's Backbone

 Happy Fall, Y'all! First of all, ROCKY TOP - GO BIG ORANGE!  I would like to congratulate my Tennessee Vols, my Alma Mater!  Earlier th...