Monday, October 17, 2022

Did You Get Your Tickets to this Gun Show?

Hey there!

I hope you had a terrific weekend.  Perhaps the highlight of my entire weekend was the Tennessee game!  First, what a nail biter, but, GO VOLS!  

I wanted to share a recent road trip I took here in Colorado: (drumroll please) Gunnison, Colorado!  It had been on my Colorado bucket list for some time.  And, last month I finally made the voyage.  It was right before the changing of the leaves.  

 

There are quite a few things to do and see in Gunnison.   So, I definitely recommend you Googling the stuff to do and selecting what tickles your fancy.  For example, there's a pretty cool Miner's Museum there.  The town is super high in elevation so the air is thin and so crisp and clean!  And, I just wanted to be in nature.  I visited a few parks, grabbed some coffee in town and did some people watching (Colorado roasts some damn good coffee), and then I went straight to Gunnison National Forest.  If you have 4WD it's an off-roading dream.  I spent a lot of time in the forest area sitting by a stream and soaking in some rays and just enjoying life and the gorgeous surroundings.  I even saw the biggest beaver dam I've ever seen in my entire life.  Must be a tired little beaver!

On my way back home (and I didn't even plan this), I saw one of the most stunning sunsets since moving to Colorado.  The only sunset that beats this one was the one that left me awe-struck in Rocky Mountain National Park - which, by the way, I totally plan to revisit soon to find this place (and sorry, you'll have to wait!  It's super spooky!  And, yes, I'm weird...)  Anyways, in one of of the sunset "money shots" there is a road leading into the horizon that was calling my name.  Alas, I wanted to get home before dark.  Maybe next time.  Also, on the way home, I saw this illuminated statue on the side of the mountain.  I think it's supposed to be Saint Mary, but it was so creepy I had to turn and around to take a snap.

Without further delay, here are my pics of Gunnison, Colorado!


Lots of fly fishing opportunities...I need to meet a man who fly fishes and who is patient...because I know this is an art of timing...be the fly.

Goat booty
A little fixer upper I spotted...


Off roading...

Dispersed camping side...

This backdrop was so incredible, I took the liberty of modeling my new Fall fashion...and this is my "Sassy Spice" look...

Vanilla spice...

DAM, girl!

Another fixer upper...I love these ghost town-esque dives...



Okay so if you like totem poles, Gunnison got'm...

local park...









"Oh look, Fred, is that the new Subaru?"...some local wildlife posing for me...



Thanks for stopping in!  Until next time!

CK


No comments:

Post a Comment

Devil's Backbone

 Happy Fall, Y'all! First of all, ROCKY TOP - GO BIG ORANGE!  I would like to congratulate my Tennessee Vols, my Alma Mater!  Earlier th...