Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Gone Girl

 

Me in front of the Gone Girl house in Cape Girardeau,
Missouri!

Hey guys!

Just going through some photos in my phone and found the little gem above. On a road trip last year, I found the "Gone Girl" house.  Yes, it’s actually a real house. However, the town of North Carthage, Missouri, which is the setting in the book/movie doesn’t actually exist.

This house is where some of the most critical + pivotal scenes take place in the movie.  Constructed in 1993, this house is 4,400 square feet and has five bedrooms and six baths.  It was last on the market for $600,000.00.  NOTE: This would buy a substantially smaller house in Colorado.

I don’t know about you but I stinking love Gillian Flynn.  'Gone Girl' was how I first became introduced to this writer.  And, I’ve loved her ever since.  She tickles my fancy when reading for fun.  And, by fancy, I mean the psychological thriller genre.  She is definitely a writer I would love to grab dinner with!

SPOILER ALERT!!!

So I mentioned already that "Gone Girl" was adapted into a movie - with Ben Affleck and  Rosalind Pike (love her!), and it’s so good.  Usually, I’m a little miffed by screen adaptations of super juicy books, but this one did not disappoint.  And Doogie Howser gets slashed pretty hard (like, way harder than I imagined in the book).  

Anyways, in the story line + in the wake of the Lacy Peterson tragedy (where Scott Peterson killed his pregnant wife to be with his mistress), the reader/viewer really believes that the husband (Nick) killed his wife (Amy) to be with a much younger fling.  However, the twist is so good on this one   

Some of her other books that have mind bending climactic twists are:

"Sharp Objects" (also adapted into film starring another one of my favorites, Amy Adams) - I'm still traumatized by this one.  Two words: Teeth + dollhouse...

Dark Places (also adapted into film starring Angelina Jolie…I haven’t seen the movie yet but it’s on my list)

Thanks for taking a read!

Autumn is right around the corner.  Who else is super excited for sweater weather???  Autumn is also the time of year I break out my slow cookers and small batch apple butter for all my lovies.  It makes my place smell sooooo good!!!

Have a lovely week!  Peace + love + local apple orchards and pickin’ + grinnin’!!

Love,

Kimmie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Devil's Backbone

 Happy Fall, Y'all! First of all, ROCKY TOP - GO BIG ORANGE!  I would like to congratulate my Tennessee Vols, my Alma Mater!  Earlier th...