Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Tiger King Empire Relocates West to Colorado!

Hey tiger!  Glad you popped in for this one...

This is my 79th post since starting the Colorado Kimie blog...

And, I was born in '79!

Okay, back to the regularly scheduled program: "Tiger King Relocates West to Colorado!"

 In 2020, did you happen to catch the wildly popular "Tiger King" on Netflix?  I have a confession: I haven't seen it.  However, I know the exact premise of what happened with a quick read of an article.  If you haven't seen it, SPOILER ALERT: Joe Exotic was sentenced to 22 years for his role in a murder for hire plot (Carole Baskin, his rival).

Joe Exotic...
Happy Happy JOY JOY!  Eeeeee
Bella and I at the entrance...
The boardwalk and a rather ominous looking storm blowing in...
Bella checking out the rates...
This is a non-profit sanctuary and all profits go to maintain an excellent 
environment for these magnificent animals...
What you would see if you took the actual tour...
Bella sniffing out kitties...big kitties...

As a zoophilist (animal lover), I truly do find it fascinating to learn what happened to Joe Exotic's tigers after he was incarcerated.  Those tigers now live right outside of Denver, Colorado in the rural farming community of Keenesburg!  Almost 45 tigers were rescued from Joe Exotic's Greater Wynnewood Tiger Park in Oklahoma (as a result of a default judgement court settlement transfer and permanent injunction by PETA who deemed Joe's collection as "a sleazy roadside zoo") and relocated the tigers to the Wild Animal Sanctuary.  

What does the Wild Animal Sanctuary have to offer visitors?

  • A 720 acre refuge for over 450 lions, tigers, and bears...OH MY!
  • Many of the tigers have health issues and malnutrition (10 tiger cubs with 4 mothers and 36 adult lions, tigers, and liligers - a hybrid of a tiger and a lion), but they're still beautiful, magnificent creatures and quite fun to watch from a wooden walk way!
  • Clemson Tiger flags!  This is funny because I moved here from South Carolina...only to find Clemson Tigers flags galore!  Go Tigers!

Pop Quiz...pull out your thinking cap...How much does it cost to keep one adult tiger per year?  

ANSWER:

$8,000!!!

Another pop quiz: Does anyone think I will ever break down and watch the Tiger King series? 

Leave your answer in the comments below.

Thanks for stopping by...

Love, 

Kimmie

4 comments:

  1. I recently came across your article and have been reading along. I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you. blogsempire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you so much. I’m glad you’re enjoying it! I would love to read your feedback.

      Delete

Devil's Backbone

 Happy Fall, Y'all! First of all, ROCKY TOP - GO BIG ORANGE!  I would like to congratulate my Tennessee Vols, my Alma Mater!  Earlier th...