Sunday, May 2, 2021

Castles in Colorado

 


I took a wee little road trip to a castle right outside of...wait for it...Castlerock, CO!
"Cherokee Ranch and Castle" - Sedalia, CO

To be honest, I remember this day clearly.  I hadn't slept the night before and just wanted to relax and nap...but still enjoy the outdoors on a Beautiful Saturday.  A friend told me about Cherokee Ranch and Castle for a leisurely stroll, picnic and nap.

Cherokee Castle is a rare example of 15th Century castles in America.  The castle was built with locally-sourced rhyolite and petrified woods.  Also, the castle houses a world-class collection of art, antiques, and rare books.  It served the public (pre-COVID) as a hosting locale for cultural, scientific, and civic events.  The Castle has lots of walking and horseback trails with stunning views.  Some very interesting wildlife, flora and fauna call this place home.  Please enjoy a few shots of my day as Queen at my Castle.




Oh to be Queen for a day...


And, have my own cannon for unwanted guests and people who suck...


Fun castle cliffs (alliteration is fun)...


Umm, legit castle cred when you have gargoyles...


Patio views of the land and all my serfs..."Let them eat cannabis!" (edibles - a play on Marie Antoinette's "...cake.")



Wrap around staircases...


Gables and weathervanes...


Rock me mama like a wagon wheel...


A terrace for spectacular castle parties and weddings...


The snow had not completely dried for my hike...so it was a wee bit mucky...


Here are some of the dry stretches of the hike that were in the direct Colorado sun...


Gasp!  Wild life!  Deer! (Were you, too, a Girl Scout?)


And, pretty rocks...


A little windy...I ate hair each time I tried to get this shot of me and my castle...



More stunning views...


From my Queen balcony...


This space needs rocking or adirondack chairs...yer welcome....

Thanks for taking a look through my picture book.  Maybe I'll hit up some more 
Colorado Castles this summer!  Be good and leave me a comment if you want more blog pieces of day trips.  I'm working on piecing together my weekend trip to New Mexico to share with you guys.  Taos as my favorite city and I'll tell you why...stay tuned.

Love, 
Colorado Kimmie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Devil's Backbone

 Happy Fall, Y'all! First of all, ROCKY TOP - GO BIG ORANGE!  I would like to congratulate my Tennessee Vols, my Alma Mater!  Earlier th...